Hours and Guidelines
Watson Woods Riparian Preserve is part of the City of Prescott's Park system. Managed, by Prescott Creeks Preservation Association through a long-term lease with the City, Watson Woods is open for public use. A quiet visitor might encounter a green-backed heron fishing the pond, a Mexican vole scurrying along runways under the grasses, or a common kingsnake winding its way through the branches of a toppled cottonwood.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- The Preserve is open for public visitation during all day-light hours, 365 days per year.
Watson Woods is managed to protect wildlife and wetland communities, and is open during all daylight hours. Please follow these guidelines, and enjoy!
- A $2 donation to Prescott Creeks is suggested for each Preserve visitor for each visit.
- Groups of 10 or more must make prior arrangements with Prescott Creeks via PrescottCreeks.org or by calling (928) 445-5669.
- Trails are designed for hiking, wildlife viewing, and educational programs for all ages. Please stay on designated trails. Do not use trails when wet or muddy.
- Leave no trace! Pack it in, pack it out. There are no waste receptacles within the Preserve. Visitors must remove all trash generated during their visit.
- Respect wildlife and their habitat. Keep a discreet distance and do not feed animals.
PROHIBITED in the Preserve (unless specifically authorized):
- Bicycles and motorized vehicles
- Domestic animals, including dogs and horses
- Hunting, fishing, and/or collecting plants or animals
- Smoking and other fires
- The use and/or possession of weapons and firearms
Exercising plenty of common sense should produce good results for all.